Class of 2024 Application, download by clicking below.
Orlando Health South Lake Hospital
Orlando Health South Lake Hospital
Tavares Admin Building
Tavares Admin Building
Each class member must complete two internships of at least four hours each outside of your current industry. Take your form with you as you must fill it out and have your sponsor sign the internship form. You will find the form in the Class files section below.
Thank you for joining Leadership Lake County, an independent 501(c)3 leadership program established in 1990 and dedicated to the development of Lake County and its community leaders. Our goal is provide a forum for participants to increase their awareness and commitment to the development of the Lake County community. The program provides a greater understanding of the complex social and economic issues that are shaping the future of Lake County and its residents. By raising the levels of awareness, knowledge, and active participation in the county as a whole, class members are better prepared to lead the county in the future.
Leadership Lake County requires a major time commitment from the participants, with full-day (7:30am - 5:00pm) programs held once to twice a month for eight months
1. Wear your Leadership shirt and name tag to each class day or Leadership event. Your team will lose points for each name tag or shirt infraction.
2. If you have any dietary restrictions, please advise Danielle ASAP. We will do the best we can to accommodate you.
3. Attend all required sessions and conduct yourself in a professional manner. You will be given ample notification prior to each month’s class as to the location (with directions) and start time, dress code, etc.
4. Be on time. If you are ten minutes late, you have delayed 30 other people as well. Your team will lose points for your tardiness as well as you may be left behind.
5. Participants missing more than two sessions will be immediately dismissed from the program. Upon dismissal, there is no appeal and no refund of tuition.
a. Definition of Absences constituting a Session:
i. Absence of four (4) hours or more constitutes a full day.
ii. Absence of less than four (4) hours constitutes a half day.
6. If you will be absent, arriving late or leaving early for any reason, please let Danielle and your buddy know in advance so we are not looking for you. IF something comes up the night before or day of class, don’t email Danielle, text her.
7. As a courtesy to our facilitators, cell phones, iWatch, shoe phone, etc. (voice, e-mail, and text) are not to be used during class meetings, guest presentations or while on tours. They are permissible during designated breaks only. Stepping out to take a call is not permitted. Your team will lose points for each cell phone infraction.
8. Transportation is provided during class days and you are expected to ride the bus. Self-driving is not permitted. This is your opportunity to network!
9. Attend the MANDATORY OVERNIGHT SIMSOC session at Camp Geneva. Bring a set of twin sheets and pillow for your bed plus your overnight items including earbuds for snorers! You will receive your Leadership shirt on the first day for class photos.
10. Arrival time is 7:45am on Thursday, 9/29. We expect to be finished Friday by 12pm (including clean up).
11. Select two class photographers and two class enforcement officers.
12. Read pages 1-32 of your SimSoc manual prior to coming to the event.
13. Complete two approved internships (different than participants own industry). Each must be at least 4 hours in length. Participants are responsible for arranging their internships. All internship paper work is due by April 15, 2023.
14. Commit to participation in a class project and alumni events during second year. Fund raising event & selection of class project done by beginning of April.
15. Help us grow the program! Fill out your daily evaluation sheets honestly and include suggestions for additions to the agenda.
16. Be present and be involved! Ask questions, participate in class day activities, engage with your classmates and you will reap the benefits of the program!
The Board of Regents, Alumni & I are excited to host you for the opening class retreat!
Here's what you need to know:
Date: Thursday, September 29th & Friday September 30th
Time: Arrive promptly at 7:45am Friday Breakfast will be provided in the Camp Dining Hall. Your retreat will be completed around 12pm on Friday.
Location: Camp Geneva -
36540 Via Marcia, Fruitland Park, FL 34731
Attendance: There is no leaving the property from Thursday morning until Friday morning when class ends.
NO Smoking: There is no smoking permitted.
Meals: You will be provided with breakfast, lunch and dinner on Thursday and breakfast on Friday. If you have special dietary needs, you are welcome to bring any food or drink.
Dress: Summer casual for SIMSOC during the day Thursday. You will be inside and outside & it’s still HOT so wear cool clothes and comfortable shoes, no heals please. (Shorts are fine as long as they are not your grubby yard work shorts!) After SimSoc, you will be given your Class of 2023 shirt to change into for the evening's festivities with the alumni. You will also wear your new shirt Friday morning. We will be taking your class photos between SimSoc and dinner.
SimSoc: The SIMSOC activity provides participants with a new understanding of the complex dynamics taking place in our community. Enjoy this learning experience! Don’t take it personally, but DO take its lessons with you. Except for breaks designated by your facilitators, you are not permitted to leave your team's area. On the break prior to lunch, you CANNOT enter the dining hall until escorted in by an alumni! You must read pages 1-32 prior to Thursday, September 29th and BRING YOUR BOOK WITH YOU!
And no, you don't need to bring any money for this weekend.
Alumni/Class Evening Festivities: The Class of 2022 will be your hosts for dinner and an evening packed full of fun activities! They have asked that you bring “Active Wear” which means sneakers & shorts for some of the events. I would also bring a T-shirt or other comfortable shirt in case you need to change out of your Leadership shirt. We don’t want you to ruin it on your first day! Again, there is no need to bring dressy clothes or heals.
For the overnight: The camp provides a twin bed with a mattress. You will need to bring your bed linens or sleeping bag and a pillow plus your usual overnight personal items, including a towel for the showers. Earplugs and personal fans are also a good idea! We will have some large box fans to help move the A/C around as well.
Name Tag: Wear your name tag during the entire retreat. (OK, you can take it off in the shower and bed, but that's it!)
Health & Safety: If you feel ill at any time during the retreat, please notify me immediately and remove yourself from your group.
Copyright © 2023 Leadership Lake County Florida - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder